My name is Jonathan Davis, I am an Irish-South African Program Manager at Microsoft, based in Copenhagen. LimbicNutrition is my personal weblog and everything posted here represents my personal opinion only.
LimbicNutrition is a record of what I find interesting, plus occasional commentary and essays on a range of subjects.
Here are some “Interest clusters” that give an indication of the sort of things you will find here:
- Humanities: Architecture, Industrial Design, Photography & Photographers, Art, film (factual & documentaries), Literature, Music
- Law : Jurisprudence, Criminology, International Law.
- Media and Communication: Journalism, Media Theory, Propaganda, Mediated Society, ITC
- Militaria: Weapons of war, Military history, martial psychology, tactics and strategy, contemporary warfare, military ethics & self-defense
- Misc: Maps, Africa, Serbia, Belgrade, London, Terrorism, Peak Oil, Mythology, Street Psychology, Film-making, Podcasting, Computing, Meditation.
- Politics & Philosophy: Activism, Persuasion, Critical Thinking, Mens’s Issues, Stoicism, Buddhism, Altruism & Non-bystanding
- Science: Behavioural Sciences, Anthropology, Neuroscience, Evolutionary Psychology, Memetics, Semiotics, Sociology & Health Sciences
The Venusian Arts: Love and RelationshipsMarried 🙂
- Business: Agile Software development, DevOps, Consultancy, Communications, Negotiation, Customer Service, Project Management, Productivity, Corporate Psychology and Sustainable Economic Development.
In weblog terms, LimbicNutrition is ancient old coot. It was created in July 2001 on the Moveable Type platform, and cloned from an older Blogger based weblog I had been using since 1999 to keep a record of research, interesting articles and web finds. I was inspired to start it by Jorn Barger’s magnificent RobotWisdom proto-blog.
The name LimbicNutrition is obviously a bit silly and way too long, but at the time I started the blog I thought it was devilishly clever. Limbic Nutrition means “Food for the pleasure centre of the brain”: the Limbic System.
I hope it succeeds in nourishing your mind.
Tracking LimbicNutrition is the easiest way to keep up with what I am working on, thinking about and interested in. You may also want to follow me on Twitter, or connect with me on Flickr, Facebook, MySpace or LinkedIn.
I have recently moved to Denmark after many years in Belgrade, Serbia .
If you would like to get in touch, please e-mail me using the Contact Us form.