Scott writes the Slate Star Codex blog.
- Divide things into small chunks
- Variety is the spice of life (add images etc.)
- Keep your flow of ideas strong
- Learn what should and shouldn’t be repeated.
- Use microhumor
- Use concrete examples
- Figure out who you’re trying to convince, then use the right tribal signals
- Anticipate and defuse counterarguments
- Use strong concept handles
- Recognize that applying these rules will probably start disastrously
Details of the above at: http://slatestarcodex.com/2016/02/20/writing-advice/