- NSA SEXINT is the Abuse You’ve All Been Waiting For | Just Security – "In the latest news report based on documents revealed by Edward Snowden, we’ve learned that the NSA creates profiles of porn viewing, online sexual activity and more from its vast database of Internet content and transactional data as part of a plan to harm the reputations of those whom the agency believes are radicalizing others through speeches promoting disfavored—but not necessarily violent—political views."
- The mindfulness business – Western capitalism is looking for inspiration in eastern mysticism
- The NSA’s Porn-Surveillance Program: Not Safe for Democracy – NSA is collecting blackmail materials based on people's porn habits.
- The Real “Limitless” Drug Isn’t Just for Lifehackers Anymore – Modafinil and other mind enhancing drugs are hitting the mainstream.
- BBC NEWS | UK | Magazine | Tingo, nakkele and other wonders – "Kummerspeck is a German word which literally means grief bacon: it is the word that describes the excess weight gained from emotion-related overeating.
A Putzfimmel is a mania for cleaning and Drachenfutter – literally translated as dragon fodder – are the peace offerings made by guilty husbands to their wives.
Or there's die beleidigte Leberwurst spielen – to stick one's lower lip out in a sulk (literally, to play the insulted liver sausage). Perhaps it's a Backpfeifengesicht – a face that cries out for a fist in it."
- ‘There should be no restrictions on dangerous ideas’ | Liberties | spiked – An interview with Nadine Strossen
- Book of Lamentations – The New Inquiry – "A new dystopian novel in the classic mode takes the form of a dictionary of madness". The book is DSM-V 🙂
- (Un)Visual Specifications – An excellent review of the state of specifications on modern software development.
- Ariel Levy: Was Justice Served in Steubenville? – Anonymous posted that it wouldn’t let “young men who turn to rape as a game or sport get the pass,” adding, “This is a call to arms.”